Please see our current vacancies below:
Classroom Assistant Level 2 (Based in EYFS)
The Academy Committee of St. John’s Catholic Academy wish to appoint a Level 2 Classroom Assistant for 25hrs per week in our EYFS. Payscale : £10627 – £11084
The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• An understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education.
• Experience in working with children in EYFS or Key stage 1.
• Under the direction and supervision of the teacher assist in the delivery of activities enhancing children’s social and educational development.
• Assist in setting up and clearing away of displays and activities, including ensuring the materials and equipment are safe and clean.
• Attend to children’s personal needs including assisting children at meal time.
• Exchange information with parents/carers.
• Assist other staff with the assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory.
• Update children’s records.
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Have high expectations of what pupils can achieve
• Relevant qualifications/experience or training ( GCSE Maths and English)
• Any other duties appropriate to the post.
The successful candidates are assured that:
• The school provides a happy, welcoming environment in which pupils are valued.
• High quality support, induction and mentoring
• Delightful pupils
• Enthusiastic staff who enjoy working as a team
St. John’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 – List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
For further details of this post, please contact Mrs. Walklet, Academy Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms below.
Closing date for applications 10th July 2020