How is extra support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels?
- The school budget, received from the Education Funding Agency (EFA), includes money for supporting children with SEND.
- The Principal, in agreement with the Academy Committee, decides on the budget for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities the basis of needs in the school.
- The Principal and SENCo discuss all the information they have about SEND in the school, including:
- the children getting extra support already
- the children needing extra support
- the children who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected
Decisions about what resources/training and support are needed are then made..
- All resources/training and support are reviewed at least half-termly through Pupil Progress Meetings and changes made as needed.